A lightweight carrier oil, Jojoba provides tons of benefits for your skin and hair. Jojoba oil can be used as a moisturizer, hair shine enhancer, makeup remover, face wash, cuticle treatment, foot softener, lip balm, and sunburn relief treatment.
As a moisturiser, Jojoba oil is particularly beneficial for oily & acne-prone skin. The oil regulates sebum production because its so similar to the sebum that the body produces naturally. Because of this ability, it balances the bodyÕs oils by tricking the skin into thinking it has produced enough oil. This keeps the skin from looking oily and helps prevent acne caused by clogged pores.
Some of the benefits & usage of Jojoba Oil:
1. Moisturizes dry skin and regulates sebum production on oily skin
2. Nourishes and heals dry lips. The oil soothes dry, chapped lips and easily absorbed by the lips without any greasy residue.
3. Relieve sunburns with its potent vitamin E, and strong antioxidant, that helps reduce inflammation and speed up cell regeneration both in the body and skin.
4. Prevent acne with its antibacterial property. Jojoba oil reduces acne by controlling oil production and preventing bacteria growth.
5. Boosting skinÕs glow and fades fine lines and wrinkles. With a vitamin B complex that fights off free radicals and repairs cell damage and vitamin E that helps speed up cell regeneration, jojoba oil is a great anti-aging ingredient.
6. Soothe eczema-prone skin. The combination of vitamin E and iodine helps heal inflamed or compromised skin, like that caused by eczema. Rub a quarter-sized amount onto affected areas to soothe and treat inflammation.
Simmondsia chinensis oil
Use 2-3 drops as a daily moisturiser. The oil can also be mixed with other essential oils to suit your skin's needs.